Hair Salon ScenarioLet's say that you have a hair salon with three stylists. A father and son come in for haircuts. While one stylist is cutting the father's hair, another stylist can be cutting the son's hair. When the father pays for both haircuts in one sales transaction, you can assign his haircut to the first stylist, and then assign his son's haircut to the second stylist. If the father pays by credit card, he can give a separate tip to each stylist. You can send a receipt via text message to each stylist, and send the father a receipt via text message and/or hand him a printed receipt. The text messages and printed receipt will list the haircuts and the tips. When you view reports in the Dashboard, you can view and filter sales associate data in the Item Sales and Sales Associates reports.
In this blog we'll show you how to set up sales associates, how to assign items to sales associates, how to give tips to sales associates, how to send text messages to sales associates and to the customer, and how to view and filter report data by item sales and sales associates.
Setting Up Sales Associates
1. From the main screen of your store, tap Extras, tap Custom Setup, and then tap Sales Associate.
2. Enter the name and mobile phone number of the first sales associate.
3. Tap the plus sign (+) and enter the name and mobile phone number of the second sales associate.
4. At the top of the Sales Associate window, tap On.
5. Tap Save.
6. Close the Extra window.
Assigning Items to Sales AssociatesNote: This example uses the hair salon scenario listed earlier.
1. From the main screen of your store, tap Man's Haircut, and then tap Boy's Haircut.
2. In the cart, tap Man's Haircut under the Name column, and then select the sales associate who performed the haircut.
3. In the cart, tap Boy's Haircut under the Name column, and then select the sales associate who performed the haircut.
Payingby Credit Card and Giving Tips
1. In the cart, tap the total to complete the sales transaction.
2. In the Payment screen, tap Credit.
3. In the Credit screen, swipe the customer's card.
4. In the Tip for the first sales associate screen, enter the tip amount, and then tap Next.
6. In the Signature screen, let the customer enter his signature, and then tap Next.
SendingText Messages and/or Printing Receipts
1. In the Choice of Receipt screen, select Text (SMS) to send text messages only, or Text+Print to send text messages and also print a receipt.
2. In the Enter Mobile Phone screen, enter the mobile phone number of the customer, and then tap Done.
The sales associates will receive a text message with details about the sales transaction.
The customer will receive a text message with details about the sales transaction and/or get a printed receipt.
Viewing Item Sales and Sales Associates Reports1. From the main screen of your store, tap Extras and then tap Dashboard.
2. Enter your Username (email address) and Password, and then tap Login.
3. Under Reports, tap Item Sales.
4. To filter by sales associate, tap the Sales Associate list arrow.
5. Under Reports, tap Sales Associate.
You also can access reports from your PC and smartphone. On your device, open your web browser app and go to the web site manage.datiopos.com. Then follow the steps listed earlier to log in and view your reports.