Set up Merchant account for credit card processing email@example.com.
How to get started:
This system only works with the Datio POS software available from the Apple App Store. Simply search “Datio POS,” from your iPad in the Apple App store.
- In box: the Datio Base Station, power cable, 2 rolls of paper, cash drawer key, 3 iPad trays for different iPads, Handpoint bracket with 2 screws and cash drawer keys.
- The Handprint credit card terminal will ship separately to you at no additional charge once you finish setting up your merchant account (firstname.lastname@example.org). Or you can use your own terminal by turn on terminal credit.
- Supports iPads with 8-pin lightning connectors, (the smaller connector). These are the Apple iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro 9.7”. The unit comes with the iPad Air tray installed. For the iPad 4 or iPad Air you need to remove the 4 screws and change the tray. Use the Air 2 tray for the iPad Pro 9.7”
- Base station does not support iPad Mini or iPad Pro 12.9”.
- Push the iPad into the Base Station, then push in the connecter on the right.
- Plug in the power cable on the bottom of the base station. Then plug into the wall.
- Download the App by searching for Datio POS in the Apple App Store.
- You can mount the Handpoint unit on the front of the Base Station or keep it loose. Keeping the Handpoint terminal loose but plugged in allows you to run the card instead of your customer for faster service. To mount try placing the Handpoint on the bracket before removing the tape covers, after understanding the fit then go to the next step.
- Remove the tape’s cover pieces, line up the bottom and two sides then press the HandPoint reader on the tape firmly.
- Use the two screws to attach the HandPoint bracket to the bottom of the cash register as show below.
- Find the USB charging cable that came in the HandPoint box plug in and route like below.
- Start the Datio POS App. Register and enter your phone number, email address. You will receive a verification code in your SMS and email. Then enter the code and fill out the registration form.
- You are now ready to accept cash sales, email Handpoint at email@example.com to set up credit cards.
- You can now start to use the register. Click + to Add Item, enter price and save to cart. Or give the item a name and price and save it for next time.
- You can manage your business reports from your laptop or iPad or phone by going to browser manage.datiopos.com.
Handpoint Set up in the App
- Hold the power button to turn on the Handpoint unit.
- On your iPad, go to the iPad’s settings, make sure bluetooth is on and look for a device with name like PP01915912345
- Select this device, you will see a message “Bluetooth Paring Request,” select “Pair.” Don't worry the Handpoint unit might show a code like 0000 it might not match the code the iPad shows. The code is not required to pair the device. It pairs automatically.
- In the Datio POS app now go to Extras then EMV and turn on Handpoint EMV, click Save. Having trouble, turn off here, save then try turning on again.
- Next add an item to the cart, hit the total in the lower right to do sale, then hit Credit. The terminal will now show updating Software. Please be patient, it takes some time. You might need to select the PP09150XXXXX device at the first sale. The second sale will be fast.
- If you set up your account with Handpoint you will now be able to accept credit cards.
Trouble shooting the Handpoint connection:
If you get a message “No reader connected / OK” please try the following.
- Make sure Handpoint unit is turned on and says “Welcome”
- Go to iPad settings \ Bluetooth and make sure device PPXXXXXXXX is connected, if it says disconnected turn BT off and on and try picking the device again.
- Go to Datio POS \ Extras \ Custom Setup \ EMV and turn Handpoint EMV off then save. Go to Extras \ Custom Setup \ EMV, turn Handpoint EMV on select PinPad and Save
- Try transaction again
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.